a boy that won’t watch disney movies with me is a not a boy that i need in my life
my dgm husband
“To remain relevant,” U.S. Food and Drug Administration commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg said in a press statement today, “the FDA’s newly proposed Nutrition Facts label incorporates the latest in nutrition science as more has been learned about the connection between what we eat and the development of serious chronic diseases impacting millions of Americans.”
Read more. [Image: FDA]
If you haven’t heard yet, nutrition labels are scheduled to change! I’m all for the updates and hope that it will lead to a more informed consumer.
Big updates include removal of “calories from fat”, addition of “added sugars”, important numbers that better stand out, large emphasis on serving size (important!) plus more.
i wish more harry potter fic would focus on the fact the trio were teenagers in the 90’s think of what we could have
- the muggleborn students bringing lisa frank notebooks to school to the bemusement of the other students only to start a sparkle rainbow unicorn phase
- kids charming pokemon cards with the same magic used to make their photos move dont pretend you wouldnt want that
- a desperate attempt from the teachers to put a stop to the pokemon card game (if one more duel breaks out over that goddamn shining charizard card) which fails because the students just end up charming them to keep the cards hidden
- magical wizards taking advantage of the beanie baby craze and creating toys infused with magical properties - hippogriffs and doxy’s and a whole range of mini dragons that can breathe realistic fire. arthur weasley had to work three weeks straight to calm down the mess that started when muggle collectors somehow got hold of them
- hermione bringing her portable cd player (and large bag of cds) to the burrow one evening to listen to some music while she does her work and having to explain to mr weasley it’s exact properties and function
- harry finding an old tamagotchi in dudley’s old room and givng it to ron for a laugh. ron manages to kill it in five minutes
- skip it vs quidditch arguments in the common rooms (what do you mean you just jump over it wheres the skill in that)
- everyone knows the fresh prince of bel air theme tune, pureblood or not you know it
- magically enchanted pogs (remember herpo the foul? he’s back, in pog form!)
- denim on denim robes
THE COLD NOVOR BOTHORED ME ONYWOYS
homophobia radiating from my parents
barely suppressed rage radiating from me
Advice the Japanese give their own countrymen on how to handle the peculiarities of American culture.
Gosh, it’s always so discomfiting to see ourselves as others see us.
How is this discomforting? Most of these are just pointing out cultural differences and are actually saying POSITIVE things about American culture.
I like what a lot of it said. It’s nice to hear something about Americans that doesn’t make us all sound purely fat and lazy. I would also like to point out that they make a point about the vending machines. We need cooler vending machines…
Honestly, even though some fangirls are only supportive of him because of his looks, the people in Japan really took his win to heart.
Yuzuru Hanyu was not a typical Japanese Olympian. He was an inspiration and hope because he came from Sendai, an area close to the epicenter of the March 2011 earthquake that struck.
He not only suffered like the rest of Japan, he was on the verge of giving up his dream of figure skating until Japan gave him enough funding to head to Toronto to train (because his usual skating rink was destroyed by the earthquake).
When Hanyu won, it was a lesson that anything can happen if one tries enough. Hanyu was going to give up his dream, yet he pushed on with the support of others, ultimately winning gold and breaking the 100 point barrier in a short event.
Japan welcomes him back and encourages others to not forget their dreams, regardless of the situation. And now Hanyu even said that he will make use of himself in his hometown to continue helping with the recovery from the earthquake.